We are always looking for new people to add to Development Gateway’s deep roster of talented staff to increase our impact. We’re proud to announce that we’ve added several key staff to help us expand and manage our diverse programs.
- Dustin Homer: Dustin brings his research, management, and M&E skills to bear for DG’s cutting-edge LeapFrog results management information system. Dustin joins DG from the impact evaluation practice at Social Impact. He is the co-founder/director of a Haiti-based NGO and a former AidData research assistant. Dustin will also support DG’s data mapping and visualization work.
- Holly Bodner: Holly is a CPA with a focus on non-profit accounting and will manage the financial activities of DG. She was previously a Senior Accounting and Audit Accountant for Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. and Holly holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Old Dominion University.
- Owen Scott: Owen comes to DG with 3+ years of recent field experience in sub-Saharan Africa, working on aid effectiveness with Engineers Without Borders Canada. Owen has on-the-ground expertise in M&E, planning, and aid coordination, combined with a solid technical background in engineering and GIS. He looks forward to using his skills to contribute to Development Gateway’s mission.
- Taryn Davis: Taryn is joining the DG team full-time after first supporting the communications department, and then being an Aid Management Fellow in Laos. She will be bringing this experience to further support countries with AMP. Previously, she was the service to armed forces coordinator for the Red Cross, and was an AidData research assistant.
- Wayan Vota: Wayan is a leader in promoting the use of technology in international development and will position Development Gateway in the center of the discussions around Transparency & Accountability, Governance, and Open Data. Wayan joins DG from Inveneo, where he led the creation of ICTworks, Fail Faire DC, and expanded Technology Salons across the USA.
Please join us in welcoming Dustin, Holly, Owen, Taryn, and Wayan to the DG family – we’re glad they’re here.
To help contextualize the new Strategic Plan, we are launching a podcast series called Data… for What?! This series consists of 5 episodes in Josh Powell and Vanessa Goas talk to DGers throughout the organization – as well as collaborators within our strategic partner, IREX - about how and why we prioritized the various elements of the new strategy. In this first episode, we talk to Kristin Lord, President and CEO of IREX about how our partnership fits into the Strategic Plan; and to Aleks Dardelli, Executive Vice President of IREX and Chair of DG’s Board of Directors, about the process of putting the Plan together at this opportune, yet precarious, global moment.
Building on 20+ years of experience, Development Gateway announces its FY23-25 Strategic Plan. DG will expand its role as a global leader in both data and digital for development, working toward a digital development agenda that builds trust between institutions and the constituents they serve. This strategy lays the foundation for how we will achieve that vision.
Since 2017, Development Gateway and partners have been working on the Visualizing Insights on Fertilizer for African Agriculture (VIFAA) Program to support development partners and the private sector to respond to changes in the fertilizer market, ensuring that sufficient quantities and appropriate fertilizers reach farmers at the right time for planting. Recently, DG received funding to expand the program to include four to six additional countries through 2023.