We are always looking for new people to add to Development Gateway’s deep roster of talented staff to increase our impact. We’re proud to announce that we’ve added several key staff to help us expand and manage our diverse programs.
- Dustin Homer: Dustin brings his research, management, and M&E skills to bear for DG’s cutting-edge LeapFrog results management information system. Dustin joins DG from the impact evaluation practice at Social Impact. He is the co-founder/director of a Haiti-based NGO and a former AidData research assistant. Dustin will also support DG’s data mapping and visualization work.
- Holly Bodner: Holly is a CPA with a focus on non-profit accounting and will manage the financial activities of DG. She was previously a Senior Accounting and Audit Accountant for Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. and Holly holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Old Dominion University.
- Owen Scott: Owen comes to DG with 3+ years of recent field experience in sub-Saharan Africa, working on aid effectiveness with Engineers Without Borders Canada. Owen has on-the-ground expertise in M&E, planning, and aid coordination, combined with a solid technical background in engineering and GIS. He looks forward to using his skills to contribute to Development Gateway’s mission.
- Taryn Davis: Taryn is joining the DG team full-time after first supporting the communications department, and then being an Aid Management Fellow in Laos. She will be bringing this experience to further support countries with AMP. Previously, she was the service to armed forces coordinator for the Red Cross, and was an AidData research assistant.
- Wayan Vota: Wayan is a leader in promoting the use of technology in international development and will position Development Gateway in the center of the discussions around Transparency & Accountability, Governance, and Open Data. Wayan joins DG from Inveneo, where he led the creation of ICTworks, Fail Faire DC, and expanded Technology Salons across the USA.
Please join us in welcoming Dustin, Holly, Owen, Taryn, and Wayan to the DG family – we’re glad they’re here.
IREX and Development Gateway: An IREX Venture participated in Festival de Datos from November 7-9, 2023. In this blog, Philip Davidovich, Annie Kilroy, Josh Powell, and Tom Orrell explore five key issues discussed at Festival de Datos on advancing data systems and how IREX and DG are meeting these challenges.
DG’s DAS Program recently attended an event on creating a national digital public infrastructure (DPI) in Malawi in order to increase the impact of climate data to combat current and future agricultural issues caused by climate change. In this blog, we reflect on three insights on DPIs that were revealed during the event discussion.
DG's joint session at 2023 Festival de Datos posed the question: What does a “good” agriculture data system look like? In this blog post, we'll delve into the key principles that emerged from the discussion.