Please Welcome New Development Gateway Staff
We are always looking for new people to add to Development Gateway’s deep roster of talented staff to increase our impact. We’re proud to announce that we’ve added several key staff to help us expand and manage our diverse programs.
- Dustin Homer: Dustin brings his research, management, and M&E skills to bear for DG’s cutting-edge LeapFrog results management information system. Dustin joins DG from the impact evaluation practice at Social Impact. He is the co-founder/director of a Haiti-based NGO and a former AidData research assistant. Dustin will also support DG’s data mapping and visualization work.
- Holly Bodner: Holly is a CPA with a focus on non-profit accounting and will manage the financial activities of DG. She was previously a Senior Accounting and Audit Accountant for Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. and Holly holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Old Dominion University.
- Owen Scott: Owen comes to DG with 3+ years of recent field experience in sub-Saharan Africa, working on aid effectiveness with Engineers Without Borders Canada. Owen has on-the-ground expertise in M&E, planning, and aid coordination, combined with a solid technical background in engineering and GIS. He looks forward to using his skills to contribute to Development Gateway’s mission.
- Taryn Davis: Taryn is joining the DG team full-time after first supporting the communications department, and then being an Aid Management Fellow in Laos. She will be bringing this experience to further support countries with AMP. Previously, she was the service to armed forces coordinator for the Red Cross, and was an AidData research assistant.
- Wayan Vota: Wayan is a leader in promoting the use of technology in international development and will position Development Gateway in the center of the discussions around Transparency & Accountability, Governance, and Open Data. Wayan joins DG from Inveneo, where he led the creation of ICTworks, Fail Faire DC, and expanded Technology Salons across the USA.
Please join us in welcoming Dustin, Holly, Owen, Taryn, and Wayan to the DG family – we’re glad they’re here.
Share This Post
Related from our library
DG’s Open Contracting Portal Designated as a Digital Public Good
Digital Public Goods Alliance designated DG’s Open Contracting Portal as a digital public good in September 2022. The Portal provides procurement analytics that can be used to improve procurement efficiency and, in turn, reduce corruption and increase impact.
DG at the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
Representatives from Development Gateway: an IREX Venture (DG) will be attending the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) from September 5-9 in Kigali, Rwanda to highlight two projects: the Visualizing Insights on African Agriculture (VIFAA) project and the Farmer-Centric Data Governance Models project.
“Data…for What?!:” Expanding into Education, Media/Disinformation & Youth
In Episode 2 of "Data…for What?!," a podcast series from Development Gateway: an IREX Venture (DG) which explores our new strategic plan, Josh Powell met with experts from DG and IREX to discuss DG’s expansion into the education, media and disinformation, and youth sectors. The conversations explore the most pressing challenges and greatest opportunities for data and technology to positively impact these sectors and discuss how these trends are likely to play out in the years ahead. Based on these trends, the experts explain the unique fit for DG’s skills and specific opportunities for collaboration that align with the vision of DG’s partnership with IREX, which has a long and successful history working in each sector.